The Quick Read titles for 2011 were announced today:
- Clouded Vision by Linwood Barclay (Orion)
- Strangers on the 1602 by Priya Basil (Transworld)
- Jack and Jill by Lucy Cavendish (Penguin)
- Men at Work byMike Gayle (Hodder)
- My Dad’s a Policeman by Cathy Glass (HarperCollins)
- Follow Me by Sheila O’Flanagan (Headline)
- Trouble on the Heath by Terry Jones (Accent Press)
- Tackling Life by Charlie Oatway (Transworld)
- Bloody Valentine by James Patterson (Random House)
- Kung Fu Trip by Benjamin Zephaniah (Bloomsbury)
Quick Reads is a public/private partnership - a collaboration between the bestselling authors involved, leading publishers, government, educationalists and more. It is backed by a major outreach campaign, nationwide activities, author appearances and events, and PR.
GALAXY® announced today that they are teaming up with the Quick Reads charity in a new partnership that will promote the books to millions of households on World Book Day next year, Thursday 3rd March 2011.
Gail Rebuck, Chair of Quick Reads, comments: ‘The advertising campaign is a fantastic opportunity for thousands more people to discover Quick Reads and the joys of reading whilst also improving confidence, skills and self-esteem. Quick Reads are now firmly established and the ten new titles being announced today are a stellar line up of best-selling authors and household names.”